The quantity of funds raised by cryptocurrency corporations dropped to a three-year low of US$2.1 billion within the third quarter of 2023, in response to a brand new report revealed by on-chain intelligence agency Messari.
See associated article: CMCC World raises US$100 mln to launch Hong Kong Web3 fund
- Most investments had been targeted on early-stage funding rounds, with seed funding accounting for a complete of US$488 million raised over 98 rounds.
- Sequence B and later-stage investments fell to a 1.4% deal share in Q3, down from 8% in This autumn 2020.
- “That is indicative of strategic bear market positioning as traders try and fund tasks with uneven upside that may return better multiples when market sentiment ultimately shifts in a optimistic route,” Messari stated in its report.
- The worldwide crypto market capitalization is down 63% from its all-time excessive of US$3 trillion in November 2021.
- The bear market has induced monetary difficulties for a number of notable crypto firms, comparable to New York-based crypto intelligence agency Chainalysis, which reportedly lower 150 workers this week.
See associated article: HKEX to launch good contract settlement platform